Applications must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the proposed conference/event.
Applicants will be notified of the result within 1 week of application submission.
The purpose of the Virtual Opps Award is to help graduate students offset registration fees to attend virtual/remote conferences or other virtual professional development events.
- Up to $200
- Number awarded will be limited by available funds
- If selected for this award, the funds will be disbursed to your student billing account and will first be applied to any outstanding balance you have on your account.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be pursuing a UO master's, doctoral, or law degree, or a graduate certificate
- Students must have completed at least one full term and be in good academic standing
Applicants must apply online using the link at the bottom of this page. The online application includes:
- Name and date of conference or event
- Amount of registration fee
- A description of how this event is relevant to your graduate studies and/or will help further your research or professional development
Recipients will be selected with input from the Graduate Student Advisory Board and Graduate School staff.
All applicants will be notified of the Graduate School’s decision by email within one week of submission.