Reservation of Graduate Credit

Reservation of Graduate Credit/Permission to Register for Graduate Credit

An undergraduate student who wishes to register for a graduate level course must request permission by submitting a Reservation of Graduate Credit form with the Graduate School. The deadline to submit this form is the Wednesday* of Week 1, for the term you plan to enroll in the graduate-level class.

*Effective Fall 2018: deadline to submit changed from the first Friday of Week 1 to the first Wednesday of Week 1.

Two options are available:

Option One permits inclusion of a graduate level course in your bachelor's degree program. Eligibility: Admitted undergraduate status and a GPA of at least a 3.0 in each of the three terms prior to enrolling. Note: An undergraduate student who receives less than a B in a graduate-level course will be ineligible for further enrollment in graduate-level coursework.

Option Two reserves a graduate level course for consideration by a department after admission as a graduate student. Under this option, you may take up to 3 graduate courses. The 3 courses may not exceed a total of 12 credits. Eligibility: Classified as a senior. Have at least a 3.0 GPA in each of the three terms prior to enrolling in the graduate course. Note: An undergraduate student who receives less than a B in a graduate-level course will not be allowed to use the course toward a master's degree, and will be ineligible for further reservation of graduate credit. NOTE: If you are accepted to a UO master's program and wish to use these credits toward your degree, you must transfer them in using the Request for Transfer of Graduate Credit form

Please note: 

  • Community Education Program students and Postbaccalaureate Undergraduates are ineligible for Reservation of Graduate Credit.
  • The following courses do not qualify for either of the above options. These are graduate level experiences in which a student may enroll only after admission and enrollment in a graduate program.
    • Research credits (601);
    • Supervised College Teaching (602);
    • Internship (604);
    • Reading and Conference (605);
    • Field Studies or Special Problems (606);
    • Workshop, Special Topics, or Colloquium (508 or 608); and
    • Practicum, Terminal Project, or Supervised Tutoring (609)
Copyright © 2011-2018 University of Oregon. All rights Reserved. Eugene Oregon 97403.

UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.