Permission to Re-Register

photo: green apple book endThe Permission to Re-Register form is used to readmit or reinstate a student's graduate status. It will also update the student's graduate classification if there has been a change.


You should use the Permission to Re-Register form if you are:

  • A graduate student returning to the same degree program after breaking the continuous enrollment policy.
    • A graduate student who fails to maintain continuous enrollment or obtain on- leave status is required to file a Permission to Re-Register form and a Petition to the Graduate School to petition for reinstatement. See the Continuous Enrollment Policy for reinstatement petition policy.


  • A graduate student with approval to pursue concurrent master's or concurrent master's/doctoral programs.
    • The Permission to Re-Register form must be filed for the next term after receiving the first degree. This is to update the major and to permit continued enrollment

Note: Review of the Permission to Re-Register form may result in a change of residency status from resident to non-resident. More information is available from the residency officer in the Office of Admissions.


Copyright © 2011-2018 University of Oregon. All rights Reserved. Eugene Oregon 97403.

UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.