Posbaccalaureate Graduate Status
Students in this status have been admitted to the Graduate School but not to a degree program. This is a non-degree-seeking classification.
A postbaccalaureate graduate student does not have a declared major and cannot earn a graduate degree while so classified.
Do not apply for this status if you wish to pursue a formal graduate degree program.
Applicants considering postbaccalaureate graduate status may wish to consider two other University of Oregon student types – postbaccalaureate undergraduate and the Community Education Program. These options may be a better fit for your interests. Please reach out to the Graduate School if you need help deciding what option is best for you.
Postbaccalaureate graduate students pay full graduate tuition and are not eligible for financial aid.
Transfer of Graduate Credit
If you take courses as a postbaccalaureate graduate student and are later admitted to a University of Oregon master’s program, you may request to transfer a maximum of 15 graduate credits into your master’s degree program.
To be admitted to the University of Oregon as a postbaccalaureate graduate student, you must be a graduate of a regionally accredited four-year U.S. college or university, or hold an equivalent credential from a qualifying international institution.
Applicants who need a student visa to enter the United States are not eligible for this status.
Information on Applying
- $70 for domestic applicants
- $90 for international applicants. Applicants who need a student visa to enter the United States are not eligible for this status.
Payment Methods Accepted
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- Personal check (e-check)
You will be asked to submit your payment when you complete your application.
The Graduate School offers graduate application fee waivers for applicants who meet specific criteria.
The application must be submitted 30 days prior to the beginning of the term in which you request admission.
Materials Required for Application
- University of Oregon application
- Basic student demographic information
- Academic history
- Statement of purpose (one page) explaining your interest in graduate postbaccalaureate study.
- Official transcript(s) from all institutions where you earned a bachelor’s degree and all subsequent degrees.
Instructions to create an account for a postbaccalaureate application:
- Click “Create Account” in the new users section.
- Answer the questions on the fee waiver eligibility questionnaire to determine eligibility for an application fee waiver.
- On the next page, “Create New Account” select “Post Baccalaureate Graduate” (found under the Graduate School section)