Music: Piano Pedagogy
Master of Music (MMus)
School of Music and Dance
Fall Term: December 10
MEDIAN TIME TO DEGREE
Piano pedagogy is a comprehensive program that includes study of various teaching methods, learning theories, sequencing of repertoire, piano technique, performance practices, and the business of operating an independent piano studio.
Students are given private, class, and group teaching experiences with many different age groups. In addition, the pedagogy program looks to the 21st century with its creative and practical applications of electronic keyboards, Disklaviers, and computers.
Application at a Glance
You apply for admission through your program. This program has two separate applications, the University of Oregon application and a department application. Detailed instructions are available on the program’s website.
UO Application Requirements
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement for International Applicants
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
Program-Specific Application Requirements
- Letters of Recommendation
- Recent concert or recital programs
- Repertoire list
- Statement of Purpose
- Video of teaching both a beginning and intermediate/advanced student
- Writing Sample
- GMAT or GRE