Interdisciplinary Studies: Individualized Program
Master of Arts (MA), Master of Science (MS)
Summer Term: April 15
Fall Term: June 1
Winter Term: October 31
Spring Term: January 31
MEDIAN TIME TO DEGREE
The Interdisciplinary Studies: Individualized Program (IS:IP) through the Graduate School is a flexible but academically rigorous master's degree program.
Selecting at least 15 credits of coursework from each of 3 areas, students plan a course of study specifically designed to explore their interests and work with a faculty committee to pursue and complete their program.
The program is intended to meet the needs of students who have particular, well-articulated goals which cannot be reached through established departmental master's degree programs.
Application at a Glance
You apply for admission through your program. Detailed instructions are available on the program’s website.
UO Application Requirements
- Official Transcripts
- English Language Proficiency Requirement for International Applicants
- Financial Verification for International Applicants
Program-Specific Application Requirements
- Higher TOEFL/IELTS than UO minimums
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Tentative Program of Study form signed by faculty advisor from each area
- GRE (UO Institution Code: 4846, Department Code 5101)
- Writing Sample