The GE hiring process begins in the hiring unit with GE selection.
After a GE has been selected, an electronic payroll request form is submitted by the hiring unit via the DuckDocs GE workflow system.
The ePRF is reviewed and approved by the Graduate School.
Once the Graduate School approves an ePRF, a notice of appointment is issued to the GE. The ePRF is forwarded onto payroll for final entry into Banner.
Additional hire documents must be sent directly to payroll.
Details of each step are below:
Step 1: Announcing the Position and Selecting a GE
To ensure that you are announcing your GE position and selecting/appointing your GE in accordance with established guidelines, please review the following before getting started:
UO-GTFF Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article 17 Appointment and Reappointment
The appointment procedures defined in your unit's General Duties & Responsibilities Statement (GDRS)
Recruitment guidelines from the Office of Human Resources (optional, but particularly helpful if you plan to employ an interview process)
GE positions that are open to graduate students in any major (such as Institutional Priority GE positions, positions in academic units for which non-majors are eligible, and open pool positions in academic units) must be posted on the Graduate School website.
To post your position, you should submit a GE announcement for Graduate School approval through this website.
The following information is required:
- Position Title
- FTE or FTE range (e.g., .30-.49)
- Appointment terms (e.g., winter and spring 2011)
- Job duties/responsibilities
- To post multiple specific assignments or provide additional information, you may provide a link to your own website or to a PDF on your website in this section
- Preferred qualifications
- While graduate students in any major may apply; you may cite specific majors as preferred in this section
- Application procedure
- An application deadline date that ensures posting for at least 10 working days
- The contact person's name, physical address, e-mail, and telephone number
Your ad will be approved and posted or you will be contacted for more information.
Step 2: Submitting the Electronic Payroll Form (ePRF) to the Graduate School via DuckDocs
Step 3: Send Hire Documents to Payroll
ePRFs are processed by the Graduate School as received
To ensure timely processing, please submit ePRFs by the following dates:
Term Deadline Spring 2021 Second Friday in February - February 12, 2021 Summer 2021 Friday, May 14, 2021 Fall 2021 Third Friday in July - July 16, 2021 Winter 2022 Second Friday in November - November 12, 2021 Spring 2022 Second Friday in February - February 11, 2022
- Appointments cannot be fully set up until payroll receives complete and accurate hire documents. Payrol documentation deadlines can be found on Payroll's website. The summer 2021 payroll documentation deadline is June 7, 2021. The Fall 2021 payroll documentation deadline is September 8, 2021.