Office of International Affairs
Advise students about study abroad opportunities
Interview and screen applicants for study abroad programs
Prepare orientation materials and lead orientations for students departing on study abroad programs
Assist with publicity and recruiting efforts for all study abroad programs
Assist with study abroad publications
Give classroom announcements and other presentations to promote study abroad opportunities
Assist in maintaining program files, records, databases, and notebooks
Assist with other projects as needed
- Preference will be given to candidates available for at least two terms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective time management and administrative skills
- Ability to work well with students of diverse backgrounds
- International experience through study, employment, travel or residence abroad.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Advising experience (especially student advising)
- Second language proficiency preferred.
Please submit the following documents electronically in one single PDF or Word document in the order listed to Cathy Method at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter explaining your interest in this position, related work and academic experience, any cross-cultural experience(s) you have had, and academic and career goals;
- A curriculum vitae or resume;
- The names and contact information of two references (please include email addresses and phone numbers – letters of recommendation will not be reviewed).
Our General Duties and Responsibilities Statement (GDRS), which includes our general appointment/reappointment process and criteria, is available online.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution
committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.